Death Of An Art Journal: Part Two

Standard

So, the other day, I told you all about the murder of my 6 inch by 12 inch art journal.

That journal turned out to be about 7 1/2 inches by 4 3/4 inches wide, measuring the cover.

That means, there was plenty of paper after I trimmed those pages to make another, smaller journal…

I did.  It measures, measuring the cover, about 5 1/2 inches by 5 inches.

I actually cut down the original journal cover, the fleece, with the pages glued down on it, and used that to bind everything together.  I then cut a strip of the old cover and glued that down over the spine, because I thought it looked better than the basic pamphlet stitch binding I had done in bright red thread (because that was what I had left on the needle from another project and I knew there was enough to do this project with it).  Then I cut another, smaller piece of the cover, and glued it down cross-wise over the spine to help keep the first piece glued down tight…I punched a hole (using a hole punch) in the front flap of the cover–as this one has a fold-over flap–and used ribbon as my closure.  Again, I washi-ed every center seam of every signature and where two signatures met.

Voila.  A cute little art journal I can dump in my purse…and it is sturdier than the original fleece covered journal, because it has the extra paper backing to add strength.  At least, that has been my experience with it thus far.

Here are some pictures.

dsc00512 dsc00515 dsc00516 dsc00517 dsc00518

Advertisements